The firm has acted many times for local authorities, schools, charities and not for profit organisations.You may be considering converting to an Academy or be already part way through the process. We have established a specialist team in-house to deal with Academy Conversions and can ensure that the conversion process is as smooth as possible with our first class service.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Explaining the basics of what is involved with a conversion
- Application to the DfE
- Formation of the Academy Trust
- Funding Agreement
- Land Transfer & Reports to the DfE
- Property issues
- Commercial Transfer Agreement
- Business issues arising on a transfer
- Employees (including pension issues)
- TUPE and consultation issues
- School partnership arrangements
- Working with you going forwards
Due to our proven track record, local authorities across the North of England choose Bury & Walkers to support them with all of their legal needs.