Our Business Protection Unit allows businesses to have the legal protection that they deserve. We see that many business people feel exposed during these times; we have put together a responsive legal team that will help guard your business and your assets even during these challenging times. Hopefully, we will also help you increase your profits.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Limited liability. Even the smallest business owners can get this protection for their assets built up over a lifetime. Limited liability partnerships or companies can offer protection.
- Terms of business. Understanding how core terms of your contracts work when difficulties arise may be of crucial importance. Do they even have basic terms and conditions that can protect them?
- Getting paid. Collecting what is due and handling disputes is an area of growing importance.
- Employment issues. Do you have effective employment terms and policies? Everyone may need to re-structure. Avoidable claims can lead to considerable cost to a business.
- Property liabilities. Understanding lease issues and commitments to rent and repairs will enable better decisions to be made. At the end of your lease you may face a large bill for dilapidations.
- Management issues. Legal duties arise when a business is under financial pressure. Directors and others need to know their duties and responsibilities.
- Shareholder agreements/partnership agreements. If you are in business with someone else make sure that you have an appropriate agreement; don’t wait until it is too late. Be clear about what happens if you have a dispute or you want to sell your business. Don’t leave your dependants unprotected in case something unfortunate happens to you.
Corporate and Commercial Law
We have a fine reputation for supporting clients of all sizes – from charities and local authorities to large corporations, partnerships and individuals – with all their commercial law needs.