An example of our expertise in this area is illustrated by the fact that one of our colleagues is a nationally recognised expert who has advised a major political party on amendments to housing legislation. As a practice, Bury & Walkers is also a member of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP).
We have been prominent in dealing with a number of tenancy deposit disputes on behalf of landlords and acted for a successful party in the leading case (Vision Enterprises Limited (T/A Universal Estates) –v- Tiensia; Honeysuckle Properties –v- Fletcher) in the Court of Appeal to determine issues on behalf of the landlords.
We have a specialist team of lawyers who can assist.
We are able to offer, in most circumstances, a fixed cost for the various stages of seeking possession of a property and recovery of rent from tenants – click here for details.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Residential tenancies (for individual landlords, managing agents or Landlord associations)
- Rent reviews
- Rent Act protected tenancies
- Fire safety legislation
- Licensing of houses in multiple occupation and proceedings relating to these, and selective licensing
- Possession proceedings
- Debt collection
- Statutory notices
- Tenancy deposit scheme advice and penalty proceedings
- Managing agent agreements
- Guarantor Agreements – click here for details
Long Leaseholders and Flat Management
Our work ranges from the Right to Buy and Right to Manage of apartments, to advising landlords and tenants on their rights under a lease agreement.