Unless these new tenancy deposit rules are complied with, the landlord, or the agent, faces financial penalties and a restriction in obtaining possession of their property.
We have already been prominent in dealing with a number of tenancy deposit disputes on behalf of landlords and acted for a successful party in the leading case (Vision Enterprises Limited (T/A Universal Estates) –v- Tiensia; Honeysuckle Properties –v- Fletcher).
Our areas of expertise include:
- Complying with the requirements to register a tenancy deposit under the new rules
- The provision of prescribed information
- County Court proceedings issued by the tenants
- The application of the new rules and tenancy deposit schemes
- Possession and Section 21 Notices
We are vastly experienced in working with residential and individual landlords, property companies, managing agents, surveyors and housing associations across the UK.