Simon has over 20 years experience in dispute resolution, primarily relating to company, commercial and property based disputes but including insolvency and professional negligence (including law professionals).
In addition, Simon has represented individuals, local authorities and other professionals in resolving disputes of many different descriptions.
As well as cases in the High Court, County Courts and Court of Appeal, Simon has experience in planning appeals, the Lands Tribunal, arbitrations (including the International Chamber of Commerce), mediations and expert referrals.
Simon is a member of the Society for Computers & Law and the Institute of Directors.
Notable cases include:-
- Barnsley Building Society –v- Bramley (Building Society’s duties to borrowers)
- Brown –v- Ogden Properties (bankruptcy)
- Co-operative Retail Services Limited –v- Yorkshire Metropolitan Properties & Ors. (Lease/Solicitor negligence)
- Davidson & Robinson Limited –v- Wakefield MDC (good on highway injunction)
- Edney Enterprises Limited –v- Fliptex (mortgage construction)
- G & J Spencer Group Plc –v- Kahn (fraud/director’s secret profit)
- Levy –v- Lackie (monies had and received)
- Perkin Industrial Handling Limited –v- Motordome Limited (landlord and tenant/injunction)
- Royton Industries Limited –v- Lawrence (Lease/covenant)
- Sawmill (UK) Limited –v- Norton (fraud and forgery/strike out)
- Shutters of Substance Limited –v- Hyde (Intellectual Property/injunction)
- Waldron –v- Dewhurst (shareholders dispute)
Phone: +44 (0) 113 244 4227